Tuesday, November 4, 2014

End of term musings

Rainy season is here. A steady shower all day. I'm at that point in the year where I can't believe I will be packing up soon to return to the states for a visit. That 10 months always seems so far off on the front end, then one day it is here. Besides that, despite the rain, the occasional bursts of Caribbean sunlight, heat and humidity don't jive with what my brain tells me should coincide with writing "November" at the top of my journal this week. I am down is Roatan for a few days doing a lot of reflecting, praying and abiding. It's good timing. I needed an imposed respite and space for processing.

What a year it is. God has shared so much of his work with us and it has been remarkable to witness his care, and sovereignty. Thinking of Joseph and how he could say with trust in the goodness of God that what was intended for harm would be used for good. Back in the spring I nearly tapped out for a time.  Circumstances were hard and I wasn't snapping back. It was a time of clinging on and being held on to. What I am blessed to see now is how Jesus is working his purposes in spite of theses things, even directly using them. As a result we ended up meeting some political figures in a private audience. Much transpired and more moved forward towards justice and righteousness than I could have dreamed. I felt like a drink offering pored out so that others may receive the blessing to flourish.

The community is at the brink of so much and stepping forward. Many are tentative, but then aren't most of us when we step into what we don't yet know? I'm delighted at the growth and transformation I see in our team as Jesus draws us ever closer to his heart, building into us greater passion for his world purpose. I'm been dwelling a lot on the way that I seek the Lord and in turn how that directs how I pray. Psalm 27 speaks of one thing. The kingdom of Jesus embodies everything that is His beauty, peace, righteousness, etc. Constantly praying to be a demonstration of his love, or work for his glory, asking for wisdom on decisions or opportunities. But this one thing: to see Jesus lifted high, honored, loved, worshipped, in all the earth.  Praying to that end and then setting the heart, emotions, mind toward that end. To be so centered, not on a task, or even a purpose, but on the King himself.

Well the rain has ceased for the moment so I think a walk down the beach is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment