Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Still

Somewhere in the midst of the busy end to a busy day my heart longed to be still.  To rest.  Set off to hike a few miles this morning in hopes of clearing my head but the thoughts were apparently just as happy to run about outside as they were while packing.  Wrapping up the day having spent the last 3 hours talking with a dear friend.  Philosophizing, postulating, and analyzing through a meandering assortments of contexts and events and themes we see in the various aspects of our lives.  Two souls with unguarded honesty; no masks, no pretenses.  Thanks friend. I wish for more of that.  Real me. Real you.  Good conversation about stuff that matters.

So the suitcase is almost packed...almost.  Up until this moment I had been feeling quite jittery the last few days.  But things feel more settled; so thankful for that.  Yesterday was a big step: said goodbye to my car!  Eleven years, thousands and thousands of miles, life in three states and two countries.  Machine gun checkpoints in the middle of the desert or driving up to Mount Rainier...packing 10 people in when we ran out of gas on a road trip...I like my life.  In giving away physical things in my life my soul has also been exposed of things to which it was attached as well.  Prayerful for the growth and work that is being done through this season.

For those who are praying, would love your continued prayer for matters of support and finances.  Specifically for folks who will partner through a monthly commitment of some kind.  Huge thanks to those of you who have been so generous, whatever the amount may be.  It's the greatest encouragement.  And while this may sound silly, Jesus is good with details, so pray with me that if there is something I need for serving in Helene, whether something for therapy/clinic work or something personal, that it would come to mind.  And I'd appreciate your prayers for my anxious heart and my family as we draw near to departure.  Love you all.  Can't wait to introduce you to Helene :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment