Monday, February 4, 2013

Time multiplied

It took a long time to fall asleep last night with my to-do list running through my head and when I woke up this morning, the first thought was a prayer asking Jesus to help me with the tasks for the day.  There was far more that needed doing than I perceived possible.  I asked Jesus for grace on the day, to extend time as needed and direct what I did with that time.  It was amazing.  He help me write out letters, there was time to sit with a neighbor who needed prayer, tutor a neighbor girl, get stuff squared away at the bank, spend time with both my folks, and at the close of the evening, my Gospel Community Group filled my suitcase with letters to be read on those days in Helene when I just need to be remembered, prayed over me with the Gospel and shared the sweetest time.  The day is ending now and my apartment is on it's way to being cleared out.  The furniture I made went home with someone else. Favorite books too.  My house plants. The basil plant that smelled so good as it was carried off the porch. Things in this house won't ever be the same. But I'm okay with that.  So grateful for the support, help and encouragement today.

No comments:

Post a Comment