Sunday, February 3, 2013

Two weeks out

Yesterday morning my alarm went off at 7:00am...and it hit me:  exactly 2 weeks from that moment my flight will be taking off.  So what to do with one of my last Saturdays?  Spend the day with the community of Life Connection Church.   Somewhere in the middle of the morning 7 year old Avden comes and gives me a huge hug and I stand holding her for a while.  She starts to tell me how much she is going to miss me, and asks why I am leaving.  Suddenly, she throws her head back and dramatically declares "It's not your time!!!"  Then looking me in the eye, "I'm not ready for you to go...I'll NEVER be ready for you to go!!!"  Heart. Melt.  Wow, there are some costs in leaving I never could have anticipated.  So the rest of the day?  Starting to pack and giving away the first of my stuff; this is just the beginning of a busy week of putting things in order and clearing out everything in my house that doesn't make the cut for my two suitcases.  

 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see the blog back! I know that you will keep us posted as best as you can as you take on this wonderful life adventure! New hugs await you my dear! enjoy your transition time Britt! Love you a ton!

    ReplyDelete