Sunday, February 17, 2013

The day came

The day has just begun. Literally.  It's just after 1:00am and I enjoy the snuggle of cozy blankets for an extra long minute. In 80% humidity at 80 degrees you don't snuggle under many blankets.  It's time to get up.  The day has come!  Super sleepy and super excited.  Sad and joyous all at the same time.  Do I have everything? Passport? Check!  We're good.

The well-wishes and prayers of friends and family have been amazing the last few days. Thank you all so much for sharing in this with me.  I'm not really sure what to say at this hour.  I wanted very much to share a few pictures with you before I go into the realm of limited bandwidth.  I'm heading off without knowing too much what I will be doing in Helene.  When I was visiting in October though, I did some home visits in the community.  One little girl is just about 3 years old, having had a horrible case of meningitis about a year ago that left her terribly impacted.  It was such a delight to sit in a very hot and stuffy conner or her house and do therapy with her, providing her caregivers as much training as possible until I could come back.  She has been on my heart all through the months of praying over the decision to go, and as I prepare and plan out things to pack.  I'm excited to see her and her family again.   I keep thinking of the 1 little lamb out of the other 99.  If only for one, it's all worth it.

Also while doing some home visits we stopped at the home of the gentleman below.  I actually made three trips to his house to find a time when I didn't arrive just as he was taking a nap. He had a difficult time hearing when I asked for his medical history so another gentleman asked him. "She wants to know what you used to do"...well yes I do, but I was thinking it might be more helpful to know medical history since he was on my list from the clinic for therapy... The sharing of his life was a thousand times better.  At the close we knelt to pray and this man, he prayed over us. It was beautiful and precious.  
 

Well now you have a few faces to think and pray about.  Excited to share more with you as this journey unfolds.  Until next time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment